Chiropractic is a comprehensive approach to the recovery and restoration of normal biomechanical function that has been lost due to aging, injury, and chronic strain. Chiropractic is a drug-free, non-surgical science and, as such, does not include pharmaceuticals or incisive surgery. Dr. Swank gives personal, caring attention utilizing spinal adjustments with Gonstead and Palmer techniques. Dr. Swank may use physiotherapy modalities to enhance the body’s ability to repair and heal.
State-of-the-art rehabilitative modalities including Electrical Muscle Stimulation (Interferential, Bi-polar, HVG, and H-wave), Ultrasound, Intersegmental Traction, Cervical Traction, Hot and Cold modalities, Proprioceptive Therapy, Aquamed/Dry Hydrotherapy.
Sports medicine is a multidisciplinary field that specializes in the education, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Training in sports medicine gives doctors a better understanding of the physical, physiological, and psychological demands of exercise. Dr. Swank is a Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician. The rigorous ACBSP Certification Program measures the professional knowledge and competency of chiropractic doctors engaged in the specialty of chiropractic sports medicine. In addition to the expected care of back and neck problems, chiropractic sports medicine can help with complaints in the upper and lower extremities:
- Upper Extremity: Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hands
- Lower Extremity: Hip, Knee, Ankle, Feet
- Sports massage: To help prevent athletic injury, keep the body flexible and healthy should injury occur.
- Swedish massage: The most common type of massage, to relax and energize.
- Deep Tissue massage: For muscle damage from an injury, such as whiplash or strain.
Custom Fit Orthotics
- Computer designed Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers
- Custom made orthotics
- On-site scanning and fittings
Spinal Decompression Therapy
Triton DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy is an FDA cleared and clinically proven non-surgical treatment for pain and symptoms associated with herniated or bulging discs…even after failed surgery.
- Exercise and Strengthening Programs are given on-site
- Stress Reduction
- M.D. referrals
- Orthopedist referrals
- Close working relationship with local medical specialists for cases requiring medical treatment and/or concurrent care.
Myofascial Release (similar to ART) is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently. These conditions all have one important thing in common: they are often a result of overused muscles.
Every Myofascial Release session is actually a combination of examination and treatment. Our provider uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness, and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements. These treatment protocols allow providers to identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient.
- Consultation with Doctor
- Radiology Services
- Diagnostic Services
- Orthotic Services
State-of-the-Art dry hydrotherapy system combines the time proven therapies of soft tissues mobilization, thermotherapy, and the benefits of whirlpool treatments in a single modality.
- Educational videos
- Monthly newsletter
- Office pamphlets
Dr. Swank is a certified “Protect your Back” industrial injury prevention instructor and has broad experience speaking to large groups.
Correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment are the keys to successful recovery. Neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction may cause and contribute to many diverse health complaints like:
- Sports Injuries
- Automobile Accident Injuries
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Disc Injuries/slip disc
- Headache Pain (tension/migraine)
- Muscular Pain
- Muscle Spasms
- Neck Pain and Stiffness
- Pinched Nerves & Nerve Pain
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Workmans’ Compensation Injuries
Recommended Supports, Pillows, and Convenience Items
Conveniently sold in our office, Dr. Swank suggests the following items to help keep you in top form.
- Therapeutica comfort support pillow
- Sizes to fit everyone
- Used to develop balance and motor coordination skill
- Chiropractic Care
- Sports Medicine
- Myofascial Release
- Chiropractic Massage Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation Therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Spinal Adjustments & Manipulation
- Treatment of Common Chiropractic Conditions
- Treatment of Degenerative Disc Disease
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Therapeutic Ultrasound